Welcome!

Here, I intend to write what comes to my mind about India. This could be about anything, politics, religion, movies or remote happenings. Feel free to check this blog for updates, who knows some could be of some interest to you.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Shilpa - Celebrity Big brother

If I see it just as a competiton which was finally won by a fellow citizen, I must congratulate Shilpa for it. But, what is the competition all about? What is the skill/talent that was tested in this competition? Some of the questions I couldn't answer myself. If I get it right, its about celebrities living completely under the camera for 3 weeks and sharing living space. It's funny to note that this concept has become so populor. I am very sure that with Shilpa's victory this will inspire similar programs both at regional and national level TV channels, one of them I guess is the Big Boss recently won by a one-movie star Rahul Roy.

The racist row - Jade Goody's behaviour and other things that followed greatly helped Shilpa's chances. I am sure it wouldn't have been easy to be there facing the situation all alone for Shilpa afterthe celebrity life-style that she's used to back in India. Though a few days it must've been a good experience for her to remember for a life time.

Whatever the reason, its celebration time for Shilpa and I hope her experience will help in improving her acting skills.

No comments: