Welcome!

Here, I intend to write what comes to my mind about India. This could be about anything, politics, religion, movies or remote happenings. Feel free to check this blog for updates, who knows some could be of some interest to you.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Narayan Murthy as President of India

Today I read in a news paper if I am not wrong it's Shoba De's column where she had suggested of Infosys chief mentor Narayanmurthy as next president.

I think it's a good idea. I have a few reasons:

1. Abdul Kalam's potential as a scientific research leader can be tapped still, as a President for the second term I think his knowledge will not be used efficiently later he will be quite old to be more effective.

2. I don't support the idea of the Big B occupying the first citizen's seat. I admire him for his talent, his perseverence and the way he bounced-back and is considered the face of India. But still I don't see him clean enough for a President.

3. Narayanmurthy is known to be frank, clean and at times a little blunt with his articulation. Now that he is retiring and his instincts will not, its good to put that to a better use. His neutral (or cat on the wall) stand on politics will also help him as he is still not alligned to any party. All the more, when IT has made India the beacon on the world map, his contribution was not small. He deserves a Bharath Ratna too for it.

Unless I see a better candidate he will be the next able President according to me.

No comments: